8/11/12Guest Post: Satsuki Shibuya: DIY Biz Card Holder

hello friends of the jungalow! it’s so nice to see you again! the beautiful justina kindly invited me to come hang out with all of you while she settles in with her little boomba. i don’t know about you, but i can’t wait to meet her! i already have a feeling she’s going to be adorable.

i heard through the grapevine that many of you are into crafts so i thought i would share a functional & quirky little project that you can do in just a few hours. not only will you be able to bring it with you during those summer barbecue networking events, but it would be a great conversation starter as well! are you ready? here we go!

need:
+ 2 felt pieces – 1 cut into 8″ x 3″ & another cut into 5″ x 2″ rectangles
+ 1 button (any size you like, although i prefer bigger buttons as an accent mark)
+ embroidery thread
+ embroidery needle
+ scissors

the rest is a piece of cake! hope you enjoy it & if you have any interesting moments that came out of creating this project, please do share! thank you for having me!
~Satsuki

11 responses to “Guest Post: Satsuki Shibuya: DIY Biz Card Holder”

1. Elena says:

Thank you Satsuki and Justina! I’ve been needing a biz card holder :)

2. bayernfee says:

Justina,
    what a precious picture of your beautiful daughter! So very happy for you and your husband!
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Shauna Nep says:

Satsuki you are simply amazing! This is lovely.

4. Such splendid simpleness. I can’t get enough of Satsuki’s illustrations. They’re so cute!

5. Merlin Kalley says:

It is a fine summer morning and you are in a happy mood. You have just returned from a long and important overseas business trip and you have attended a number of seminars and exhibitions. As you sit down with a cup of coffee your secretary enters and hands you a stiff piece of rectangular paper. She announces that a well-dressed man had come to meet you regarding an important business deal and had left behind his business card. As you glance through the card, you are impressed by the quality of the board used to make the card. What strikes you is the superb color combination the logo and the lettering of the card uses. Your eyes are riveted to the same and you just cannot take them away.*

Check out our own blog page too

6. Aurore Isles says:

Full color cards, or cards that use many colors, are printed on sheetfed presses as well; however, they use the CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, and black) four-color printing process. Screens of each color overprinted on one another create a wide gamut of color. The downside to this printing method is that screened colors if examined closely will reveal tiny dots, whereas spot color cards are printed solid in most cases. Spot colors should be used for simple cards with line art or non-black type that is smaller than 5 points…

Consider our new web blog too
    <http://www.caramoanpackage.com

7. Chanel says:

Hiya, I’m new to running a blog and internet sites
    in general and was wanting to know how you got the “www” included in your domain name?

I see your domain name, “http://blog.justinablakeney.com/2012/08/guest-post-satsuki-shibuya-diy-biz-card-holder.html” has the www and my web
    address looks like, “http://mydomain.com”. Do you know the simplest way I can
    alter this? I’m using WordPress platform. Thanks for your time

8. Jana says:

Amazing things here. I’m very satisfied to peer your article.
    Thank you a lot and I am looking ahead to touch you.
    Will you please drop me a mail?

9. With a lot of household-friendly humor and household-inspired illustrations,
    the Nom Nom Paleo cookbook is a lot more than just a collection of recipes—it’s a manual on living a Paleo life with minimal function and maximum
    flavor.

10. Raymundo says:

The digital agency, apart from marketng the site, could also sometimes design the sit as well.
    It will make sure that thee internet site is not just desirable to appear
    at, but will also ensure that there are no usability troubles in it.

11. Thank you for any other fantastic article.
    The place else may anybody get that kind of info in such an ideal method of writing?
    I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.