2/12/13African Baskets

Ghanaian Baskets

I was at the Culver City Farmers market last week and there was a Ghanian vendor with these beautiful baskets for sale. Lightweight, colorful and versatile, African baskets are such a perfect storage solution for the home.

African Baskets
Great for storing (hiding) kids toys in the living room, magazines in the bathroom, fruit, bread, a place to toss your keys or mail into when you get home–or to be hung on the wall in gallery style–there are endless possibilities, really. Which are your favorites?? I’m gravitating towards those last laundry baskets–so modern and geometric. Would be a fun thing to learn how to make, yes?

Ghana Bolga Basket
Sisal Titja Baskets from Swaziland
Recycled telephone wire platters
African Bolga Basket Gambibgo Pot
Knitting basket
Bread basket
Laundry Baskets
Yikene Tote
Laundry baskets with lids

11 responses to “African Baskets”

1. mari says:

He’s at the Ojai farmer’s market every weekend too. My sister contemplated a laundry basket but passed, then later at lunch she regretted not buying it, and then he pulls up in his van stuffed with baskets, and while he was in line for a smoothie she asked to buy it. He’s so sweet, and the hats are beautiful too!

2. debra says:

I’d love one of the large geometric ones for a big indoor plant.

3. They must be identical, taken as part of the past 6 many years be on color providing some one going to be the chock – full face, front get to see showing all over the an all in one white background.

4. Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on
    sites I stumbleupon everyday. It will always be helpful to read
    articles from other writers and practice something from other web sites.

5. Heya this is kind of of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
    I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding experience so
    I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

6. julie says:

where are these beautiful baskets available to purchase??

7. Rebecca says:

Many of them are from Ananse Village. We have some pretty amazing textiles as well!

8. shi wanchun says:

Hello, sister, the basket is so beautiful, I like very much to buy a basket, you can tell me, how can I buy these beautiful basket, I am in china. If you see my message back to me, thank you.

9. monica says:

hola soy argentina y deseo saber como obtener tus objetos hermosos