So excited to show you the big reveal of my living room art installation today! The colors seriously make me so happy.

One of the best things about this type of installation (besides how affordable, easy, and quick it is to do) is that I can swap out the items highlighted on the shelves to completely change the look of the installation at any time.

I even love the way the colorful shapes look empty…

L sherwin-williams-justina-blakeney-reveal4

I am pretty thrilled about the whole thing. So much so, that I kind of want to put one of these painted shape/shelf thingies in every home I ever decorate. I could see a circle or a triangle in the kitchen as a spice rack, I could see a rectangle in a bathroom for little perfumes and things, I could see these in bedrooms, nurseries and obv–just like this one i a living room. Doing them in varied color palettes would also completely change the look of the installation. Imagine if I did all the shapes midnight blue??! Or what if they were all a high-gloss cream on white?! So many possibilities… so much fun!!

Could you picture a painted wall installation like this in your home? What color would you pick and where would you put it? Here are the Sherwin Williams paint colors I used:

*This installation is being created in partnership with Sherwin Williams. Thank you for your continued support of the brands that I love, and that love me back. Also, all thoughts, experiences, photos, words, and kickassness are my own.

19 Responses to Bold and Bright Wall-art installation–Big reveal!
  1. Christin says:

I love it! I especially love the dollhouse shelf! I could totally see that in a kids room! You could even paint the shape of a house on the lower portion of a wall, with little shelves painted the same color, and voila! Instant adorable (space-saving) dollhouse!

2. Leslie-Anne says:

That is a sweet and simple project that is very do-able. Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Christie says:

I absolutely love this look! I am thinking of doing something like this in my kitchen (boring beige rental). Some light blues and Portuguese roosters!

4. vv says:

these were a DELIGHT to see in person ^_^

5. Camille says:

I love it! I also love how the shapes aren’t completely perfect, brings in a bit of edge that I like. When I move to Cali, I’d love for you to do an installation in my home!

6. dervla says:

wow, so so pretty, Justina! Come do that in my place too :)))

7. Deb says:

So FUN!! Could do it with vintage scraps of wallpaper too!

8. Justina! This is so unique and amazing. The colors are so cheery. And I love that you call your place the Jungalow.

9. Jihane says:

That’s a great idea!!! First time I see a thing like this, yet it looks so simple and fun to achieve.

10. Anonymous says:

you are amazing…This is the best of the best….simple, cheery, and so why did I not think of that before…I am with you, I am putting it in every room in every house….

11. Lolo says:

Gorgeous idea! Love it!

12. Hi there colleagues, its wonderful piece of writing regarding teachingand fully explained, keep it up all
    the time.

Also visit my blog post – house buy fast reviews

13. aliina says:

who makes your yellow couch?
    thanks in advance,

14. […] Almofadas são quase como o aconchego de um abraço. the jungalow […]

15. […] Imagens via: The Jungalow […]

16. […] effect while still keeping the space bright and open. or, for a fun, freehand approach, check out justina blakeney’s gallery wall art installation […]