11/5/13Table-Top Styling Classes!

(above and below photo by Laure Joliet)

I am VERY excited to announce that I will be teaching a new class on Skillshare, Table-Top Styling: Style Memorable Tablescapes for Every Season! After the success of my first class–which now has over 1000 enrolled students and a 96% approval rating  (woot woot! Thanks y’all)–I thought it would be fun and festive to share my key tips and tricks to creating a memorable table-top, no matter the event.  I love designing table-tops–it’s almost like decorating a mini room–but there is so much more room for creativity, craziness and color!!  In the course I’ll take you through my 5 principles of Table-top styling and you’ll find that using stuff that you probably already have around your home (and garden!), that your Thanksgiving, New Years, Birthday, Graduation, and for-absolutely-no-reason dinners look positively perfect (and cost pennies to decorate!).

The class will also include floral design tips from floral designer extraordinaire Kelly Cuadra of Brown Paper Design (who did all the flowers for my wedding and I love her)…and tablescape photography tips by mega-talent Jennifer Chong (whom I also love). Ahhh yes, there a lot of love going into this class y’all.

The class starts November 21st and will live online so that you can take the class at your own pace–and if you sign up for the class before November 8th you can use the code TABLE1 for 20% off of the enrollment fee–which (before the discount) is an affordable 19 bukaroos ;) Also, today marks the launch of an entire new ‘school’ on Skillshare–The @Skillshare School of Fashion & Style.  Check out some of the other class lisitngs and take 20% off all those classes before Friday with code FASHION20.

In my first class, watching your homes get restyled and re-imagined was so super gratifying–I can’t wait to see how crazy creative these tabletops look in the afters!
Please help to spread the word!

(Scalloped ceramics by R.Wood). All Photos styled by Justina Blakeney

15 responses to “Table-Top Styling Classes!”

1. ivey says:

such fun! any table with r.wood pottery gets my vote! worked there for years and it was hands down my all time favorite job!

2. SJ says:

Classy, eclectic, and cool with all the Justina touches that we love! SJ @ SaffronWishes

3. Lisbeth Phelps says:

Signed up! Loved your interior styling class, excited for this one!

4. valerie says:

i’m so excited for your new class! i know it’ll be a fun, creative challenge!

5. Stephanie says:

Hi Justina – I love your blog, and this class looks great. Is there a way to “gift” the class to someone? I was thinking it would make a great Christmas present for my mom. If she didn’t start till after the holidays though, would she be “behind”? I see that it’s go-at-your-own-pace but would she be able to submit a project still?

6. Peaches says:

I’m down. I AM SO DOWN FOR THIS. Loved your first skillshare class and it turned me on to a couple of others, too. I only wish I could gobble it all up right now with ample time before Thanksgiving. Oh well, anticipation makes the heart grow fonder.

7. […] photo by Laura Joliet, styling Justina Blakeney […]

8. Mary says:

Where can I find the white dishes that are in the picture today on facebook? I love them. Thank you.

9. Mary says:

The white plates have gold utensils on top of them.

10. Android apps that are integrated must get
    approved according to their functionalities and capabilities.
    The database seems to be incomplete (several restaurants
    near my office don’t show up) and the map function is a little confused about which
    side of the street businesses are on. It is very simple
    to send a short voice message to our target, we to
    have to type only our key and then say the name of the recipient.

11. url says:

Experience: before hiring any freelance copywriter you need to know about the experience of the service provider.

By utilizing these methods, you’ll be able to certainly produce large amounts of backlinks and convey your own site to higher ranks on Google search.
    With this distinctive procedure, you can look forward to limited marketing costs and more organized
    proliferation of information to a broader range of audience.

12. […] Photo by Laure Joilet via The Jungalow […]