3/13/14Design Bloggers At Home

design-bloggers-at-home

Interior Stylist Ellie Tennant and photographer Rachel Whiting visited the Jungalow last year to photograph my home for the new book, Design Bloggers at Home. It was so fun having them and seeing how they styled my home for their book. It’s so important (and intriguing) to get a fresh perspective. As much as I love my home, since I’m there every day, sometimes I feel like I have ‘stylist’s block’ and I can’t figure out how to make it look its best.

design-bloggers-at-home3

I love what Ellie did–without changing my vibe–she edited it just enough to make it feel different to me. Like see how she swapped my living room rugs?

design-bloggers-at-home-2

It’s such a fun concept for a book and it’s an honor to have my home featured with some of my favorite blogging buddies like Joy and Jon and with some talented bloggers who I have been reading for years like SF Girl by Bay and Bodie and Fou. One of my favorite things about the book is that it covers fifteen bloggers from all over the world. How fun to get a global perspective, yes?

design-bloggers-at-home-1

I haven’t seen the actual book yet either, but I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy to explore all of the case-studies of the homes of my fellow bloggers from all over the world. // Design Bloggers at Home is available to pre-order from rylandpeters.com

19 responses to “Design Bloggers At Home”

1. Your home is amazing, I love it! And that book sounds so great, I’m definitely going to have to add it to my personal library.

2. Shari says:

Such wonderful color and patterns in your home… Makes me feel happy to see your rooms! I used to love mine, but it’s kind of fallen into the realm of: A Toddler Lives Here! And I hate to say it, but I think I kind of redirected my energy from my home to the little one. I barely keep up with laundry and dishes lately… maybe you can come by and give me some design advice? ;-)

• Justina Blakeney says:

oh gosh honey—if you only new what my house looked like on the day to day–my house only looks good on Wednesdays–because my house keeper comes on Tuesdays. hehe.

3. Hildi says:

I love the vibe in your home! That bedspread is just so lovely! and happy happy happy colours. Great blog!

• Laurel says:

Yes, I love your bedspread! Is that a one-of-a-kind? Or do I have a chance of finding it in stores?

Great style!

4. Justina Blakeney says:

That is so great to hear.
    Thank you!

5. sarah says:

Can I come sit on your couch and read books all day? I’ll make you tea and babysit. ;)

6. Nicola says:

I love this! Where did you find all those amazing pillows on your bed?

• Justina says:

thanks! There from all over, really–some I bought in Turkey, others on One Kings Lane. One of them is from designer Hammocks and High Tea :)

7. Charlie says:

Wow so amazing, and such vibrant colours!

8. Jithin says:

Effective use of Green plants to bring some greenery along with bit of fresh air.

Space for that Giraffe is what most of us forget to make use of. Best use of corners makes an interior design extra ordinary

9. […] Images from SF Girl by Bay, My Scandinavian Home, The Futuristic Blog, Bodie and Fou and Jungalow. […]

10. […] Обложка книги Design bloggers at home. Фото: Rachel Whiting. Подсмотрено Justina Blakeney. […]

11. […] color or wallpaper pattern to the back or edges of your bookshelf. What better way to make it pop?! 2. Layer your bookshelf with art to create a rich look. Lean them against the back of the shelf, […]

12. Elena says:

Hi! You have such a lovely home! I was wondering where you got the shelving system in the last picture from, I have been looking for something exactly like that and have had no luck. Thank you!! ps – i love your blog as well, your images and posts are truly inspiring :)

13. Angie says:

So beautiful! I am also curious about the wall unit in the last picture…was it custom made? I’m so in love and looking for something very similar!