4/9/1410 Ways to get out of a funk
Some days you get into a funk, everything is totally annoying or infuriating, and it feels like nothing will help to shake it off. Well, I think I’m pretty good at staying upbeat and so today I thought I’d share with you some of my ‘secret weapons’ to shaking off bad mojo. What do you think? How do you get out of a funk?
1. Go for a walk around your block and pick a bouquet of wildflowers.
2. Stop what your doing, blast some music from the 80’s like Prince, Cindy Lauper or Wham! Pick up a water bottle or curling iron to use as a microphone and have a dance party for one–and really commit.
3. Put on some bright pink lipstick, put a bouquet of flowers on your head and take 100 selfies. Post your favorite promptly to instagram.
4. Take your yoga mat outside and give yourself 10 minutes of stretching. Make sure that you’re up side down for a good portion of that time.
5. Take a shower with lavender essential oils and play soothing music, like Brazilian jazz. Take me away Astrud.
6. Take an hour to treat yourself to a pedicure. Allow yourself to read the gossip magazines.
7. Take an hour and treat yourself to a korean scrub. At korean spas for about $30 they’ll make you feel new again.
8. Rub a few drops of mint extract on your scalp. This is a good one if you’re at work and you can’t have a dance party or go and get a pedi. The mint refreshes and awakes you.
9. Stop what you’re doing and go and catch a matinee at your local cinema. Preferably something foreign or old. Be transported for a couple of hours to a new time and place.
10. Put on a disguise and go somewhere you’ve never gone before, like a cafe or restaurant. Speak in a foreign accent the ENTIRE time. Give yourself a new name for a few minutes. Be super mysterious and hot. My fake name is Sandrine. Obviously, I am French. What’s yours?