4/8/16A Garden Window for the Win!

Garden Window

Bringing the outdoors in is a thing around here, and one seamless way to do that is through a garden window. While normally seen in kitchens, I’m all for installing garden windows all over the house. If you put enough plants in the window you get the privacy of a curtain, and all the happiness that the plants bring.

This is a new garden window that we just had installed in our bedroom. It’s six feet long and facing south so it gets a ton of sunshine, perfect for our succulent garden. Pretty fun, hey? I found the pots at this great pottery shop I mentioned the other day and then sprinkled in some vintage and handmade ones from eBay and Etsy to add visual interest. I love the look of the pedestal pots in the mix. The idea of using all white pots actually came to me in a dream (yes, I’m a weirdo that dreams about plant pots) because I initially thought about going all terra cotta. I’m glad I went with the white/light palette because it feels so dreamy and relaxing for the bedroom. The garden window is the fist thing I see when I wake up in the morning and it’s making me really, really happy.

If you love the look, but are renting or don’t want to deal with having a new window installed, you could always add shelves to an existing window, like we did in our last home:

Garden Window / The Jungalow

And now that I see this, I wanna paint everything green. Ha!
OK friends, have a great weekend and get a chance to relax and maybe do some planting!
Also, FYI, the site may be a little wonky this weekend as we’re about to launch a BIG site redesign so bear with us as we do our spring cleaning over here!

xxJ

13 responses to “A Garden Window for the Win!”

1. Melanie says:

Fun stuff! I look forward to seeing the entire makeover.

2. Mo says:

Been loving you so long. This is a lovely post! What you have done to the new home is remarkable!

3. Libby says:

This is a perfect solution for my resistance to blinds and curtains that keep the light out. Love it. Can’t wait to see the redesign!

4. Emmy Callero says:

Love the new layout of the site! 💕

5. Nadine says:

I love both photos. Unfortunately I can’t do this because we haven’t got sash windows in France. I wouldn’t be able to open the windows, which would be too bad since I love to have fresh air entering the house. I’m just back from Spain where we spent a 3 day week-end. When I visited a garden center and saw many cacti I immediately thought of you.
    Have a great day !

6. Kirstie says:

I love your garden windows- the white is so clean and inspiring. Your website’s new layout is beautiful!

7. FT says:

Hi Justina,

I love this, I’ve tried this but I leave in a very hot country and and maybe my green fingers are only for outdoors. Do you have any suggestions for plants for indoors in a hot/humid country??

Also, I’m moving to a new office and I want to incorporate plants without it being too much or too corporate? Any ideas? Thank you

8. Shavonda says:

Sooooo good!! I love a window garden, and this is fantastic. I like that you chose all white with a few unique ones sprinkled in. It’s makes them all the more special. Looks fantastic!

9. Succulent love here! Green in always great but succulents are the best – and very easy to garden!

10. Debra Ponte says:

Luv and need this garden window.Where’s the contest?I keep going in circles.
    Luv ur site/the book must be amazing.

11. […] Garden windows that remind me so much of my Grandmother’s house, definitely on my list. […]

12. Cilla says:

Completely inspired to do this in my bathroom window! Thanks!