1/31/17Our furniture collection is here! Justina X Selamat

JustinaXSelamat-2 JustinaXSelamat-12 JustinaXSelamat-11 JustinaXSelamat-16 JustinaXSelamat-8 JustinaXSelamat-25 JustinaXSelamat-40 JustinaXSelamat-4

Over the past year I’ve talked a bit about my new furniture line with Selamat Designs. They are a family-owned San Francisco design company that uses sustainable timbers and easily renewable resources, like rattan, to make really beautiful furniture. Our collection was a great learning experience for me. I learned a TON about materials, engineering and functionality from their team and am seriously so proud of the collection that we developed together. My original vision for the collection were pieces that felt like design classics that have a modern/boho twist. The pieces are mostly in natural/neutral colors so that they will be the perfect framework to add layers of color and pattern on top of to create that maximal boho vibe I love.

Here on the blog, I’ve shared some of the details of the making of the Zahra Peacock Chair. Over on the JustinaBlakeneyHome instagram, you can find a peek behind the curtain and check out some of my original renderings for the collection, like the Bette and Arthur planters (named after my grandparents) and the original drawings for the Lucia Mod seating.

just7ina-blakeney-X-Selamat

And today, after almost two years of design and development, I am over-the-moon excited that our collection is available for purchase! Currently, you can find the collection online at Lulu and Georgia and Candelabra. The above collage is a selection from the 37-piece collection.

We took these photos of the collection at the sweetest little airbnb ever, Bungalow and Breakfast in Venice. Photos snapped by my amazing BFF Dabito. A huge thanks goes out to Shannon, Thatcher, Jessica and the Selamat family as well as Jesenia, Kim, Danae and my team and family for helping to bring this collection to life.

13 responses to “Our furniture collection is here! Justina X Selamat”

1. Ana Nelson says:

tassel chandelier! so wonderful! starting to budget for this!

2. Irati says:

Congrats, everything looks amazing!
    Love love love the Jani set!

3. Suzanne says:

Must have that tassel chandelier! Awesome stuff, Justina! You’re the best!

4. Congratulations Justina! You created such amazing designs, I´d love to see them more on detail.

5. Derly says:

I saw the tassel candelabra in a previous post and tried to recreate myself… and failed. So happy I can actually buy it!!! Will any of this be available in Canada?

6. Larissa says:

Everything looks amazing! Great pieces! Love the design!

7. Katy DeBardelaben says:

Do you know how hard it is to find cool folding chairs?!?! We need a set of six and have been stumped. These are perfect!!

8. Miranda says:

wow justina! it’s so cool to see all the work you’ve done, all the growth as a business owner and designer! i love these pieces!! the bette/arthur planters are so cute! really like the dining chairs/peacock chair too :D and the lights. all of it!

9. […] her announcement post, Blakeney describes her vision for the collection as “pieces that felt like design classics […]

10. Rusty says:

Ta da!! Our Internet has been down for a week, so I just saw this! W O W!!!
    It must be truly incredible to see it all come together!
    Sending you a BIG congratulatory hug across the oceans, from Australia. Rusty :)

11. Stephanie says:

I’m in love and have already ordered the Arthur Stool for myself! Can’t wait to put these pieces in my clients’ homes!

12. Anonymous says:

May I ask what is the beautiful plant with the curling leaves in the first picture?

13. Absolutely incredible collection Justina, love them all!!
    x