3/2/17The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes. Cover Reveal!

the-new-bohemian-handbook-lr

Ok ok ok. So I said I wasn’t gonna do another big book after The New Bohemians for like a long time. It was a huge project. It took a lot outta me. Plus, it did really well in the book universe and I was scared. What if my next book wasn’t as good??

So I talked to my publishers about doing a little book as a follow-up–something less intimidating. Something that didn’t feel as HUGE as a big fat coffee table book. Something that wouldn’t compete with The New Bohemians. It was with that mindset that The New Bohemians Handbook was born. Only, here’s the thing. Once I started working on it, the project snowballed. Ideas were flowing. The words, the concepts, the vibes — they came like magic. So we kept adding to the page-count until,  what started out as a little book, turned into a kinda big book. With Dabito (my dear friend and amazing photographer) by my side (and with the help of my amazing team), we shot 20 incredible new homes and in a total whirlwind I wrote the book. It’s 288 pages of ideas, inspiration, and exercises to, not only decorate, but bring good vibes into your home…And I am SO EXCITED. It’s very different from the first book, but (I think) just as inspiring. It’s also more personal to me and my life and I feel very close to this work.

And today I get to reveal the new cover! When I started working on this book, I didn’t have a vision for the cover. When we were shooting all the different homes there wasn’t a moment where thought to myself “this is our cover shot,” like I had had with our previous book. And I wanted the cover to ‘go’ with the cover of The New Bohemians without feeling too similar. It wasn’t gonna be simple.

covers

We tried a lot of different directions, above is a small sample of some of the different designs that we tried (there were over 20 that we played around with). But all of these seemed to tell a part of the story of the book but something was missing…

NewBohemianHand24824J-lr

But when we landed on this — it just felt right. The colors, the patterns, the plants, the symbols, the energy, the sentimentality–it was ‘me’.
The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home To good Vibes is now available for pre-order. It doesn’t come out until October 10th, but my heart is already beating a little faster just thinking about it. I love this book and I can’t wait to share it with you all. Stay tuned for more updates and sneak peeks as we get closer to the release.

xx j

24 responses to “The New Bohemians Handbook: Come Home to Good Vibes. Cover Reveal!”

1. I’m sooooo excited! I just pre-ordered!

2. Jeanette Regalado says:

YAY!! I loved The New Bohemian’s Book and I can’t wait to purchase this one!! Happy it turned out to be a kinda a big book…

• Justina Blakeney says:

awww thanks yeah me too. It looks SOOO good next to The New Bohemians. It’s like the perfect sister. <3

3. gardenia says:

WOO HOO- we are doing the happy dance over here!!

It’s all happening… and we can’t wait to see what you and your team pulled together! The cover is just perfect.

Major congrats Justina!
    xxoo,
    Gardenia

4. Sara Toufali says:

omgggg Justina that cover is GORGE! Eddie and I are so excited to see it in the flesh! Cannot wait! <3

5. Carol Toufali says:

Justina, congratulations!! We are so excited this book will be very prominent on our coffee table!! It’s a beautiful book–Love the cover and can’t wait till October😊

6. Frida says:

I was hoping you would make another book and my wish came true!!

7. Rusty says:

La…la…la!!! Happy days! :))

8. Congratulations Justina!!! How exciting! I can’t wait to get it.

9. Tamara Greer says:

Happy dancing! I am a new, huge fan of Jungalow & you, Justina! I am addicted to decorating & adore your style! Gave myself the best birthday gift & pre-ordered! Congrats on your new book!

10. Yeeling says:

Congrats on the new book! The covers look so vibrant and beautiful! Would definitely love to check out the book! Thanks for sharing these!

Love from Singapore,
    Yeeling

http://artelounge.net | An Online Space for Travel + Inspiration

11. Wall planter says:

COME HOME TO GOOD VIBES.

12. Amazing! So excited for you and can’t wait to get my copy.
    Xo
    Melissa

13. Ellie says:

Oh Justina you have just made me and my sister so very happy and excited to thumb (and drool) through your new book! I’ve pre-ordered plenty, one for myself and many for Christmas presents. Thanks for bringing a riot of colour and compelling reads/tips to my life. Ellie, England

14. Haley says:

omg, so exciting!!! I love that you wanted it to be a smaller book, but ended up being almost 300 pages.

15. Juana says:

Yay! Can’t wait! It’s my first birthday present.

16. Holly says:

OMG yay!!!! So excited! Just looking at the cover makes my heart happy. Going to preorder! <3